What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

Engine Oil Syntec Blend

#1 Postby jeanivy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:34 pm

Year:2005
Engine: 2.0L DOHC,
2WD Automatic Transmision

Oil: Quaker State 5W-30
[FONT=Fixedsys]J.P.[/FONT]Image
[FONT=Fixedsys]2005 2.0L Golden Sand Tucson.

It is easy to make enemies, but hard to make friends that will be on your side forever.
[/FONT]

kyedsel
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

Syntec Blend Engine Oil

#2 Postby kyedsel » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:37 pm

I have used syntec blend oil fro about 15,000 miles :lol: [/b]

jeanivy

Re: Syntec Blend Engine Oil

#3 Postby jeanivy » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:30 am

kyedsel wrote:I have used syntec blend oil fro about 15,000 miles :lol: [/b]

Hey Kyedsel, What brand did you use?
[FONT=Fixedsys]J.P.[/FONT]Image
[FONT=Fixedsys]2005 2.0L Golden Sand Tucson.

It is easy to make enemies, but hard to make friends that will be on your side forever.
[/FONT]

MikDee
What vehicle do you own?: Sportage

#4 Postby MikDee » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:11 pm

Been using synthetic blend in all my vehicles for years now, found it to be almost as good as full synthetic, but about 1/3 the price, Plus it appears to have more of a cushion effect on the engine, because of the dino oil in it. It still provides almost the same advantages such as, cooler, smoother running, more rpm, more power, more mpg, better, & faster lubrication, sludge removal, & less sludge buildup, and extended oil changes 3-5k miles, I started using Pep boys brand, & went on to Quaker state, Penzoil, Valvoline, or Castrol, (although IMO, I like this the least) whatever I find on sale, they're all good! My choice is 10-30W winter, 10-40W summer.
- 2011 Sportage EX AWD-
- A few vehicles I've owned, wrenched on, and modded -
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v240/ ... ic%20Cars/
- Still a work in progress -

airflite
Broken In Engine
Broken In Engine

Re:

#5 Postby airflite » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:52 pm

MikDee wrote:Been using synthetic blend in all my vehicles for years now, found it to be almost as good as full synthetic, but about 1/3 the price, Plus it appears to have more of a cushion effect on the engine, because of the dino oil in it. It still provides almost the same advantages such as, cooler, smoother running, more rpm, more power, more mpg, better, & faster lubrication, sludge removal, & less sludge buildup, and extended oil changes 3-5k miles, I started using Pep boys brand, & went on to Quaker state, Penzoil, Valvoline, or Castrol, (although IMO, I like this the least) whatever I find on sale, they're all good! My choice is 10-30W winter, 10-40W summer.

the best synthetic oil for the price was SUPER TECH oil sold at wal-mart! it is made by warren unilube and sold under many different lables. thay also make sp111 that the dealers sell .for more info. on there oils go to there website. airflite.

jjs34748
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Re:

#6 Postby jjs34748 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:07 pm

airflite wrote:
MikDee wrote:Been using synthetic blend in all my vehicles for years now, found it to be almost as good as full synthetic, but about 1/3 the price, Plus it appears to have more of a cushion effect on the engine, because of the dino oil in it. It still provides almost the same advantages such as, cooler, smoother running, more rpm, more power, more mpg, better, & faster lubrication, sludge removal, & less sludge buildup, and extended oil changes 3-5k miles, I started using Pep boys brand, & went on to Quaker state, Penzoil, Valvoline, or Castrol, (although IMO, I like this the least) whatever I find on sale, they're all good! My choice is 10-30W winter, 10-40W summer.

the best synthetic oil for the price was SUPER TECH oil sold at wal-mart! it is made by warren unilube and sold under many different lables. thay also make sp111 that the dealers sell .for more info. on there oils go to there website. airflite.

SUPER TECH oil is Quaker State period it is bottled by warren unilube.

straker

Re: Engine Oil Syntec Blend

#7 Postby straker » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:32 am

5/30 fully synthetic for all tucsons .I use Castrol when its on offer otherwise the next best with the same spec .ADSA own is as good .

OldLar
Broken In Engine
Broken In Engine

Re: Engine Oil Syntec Blend

#8 Postby OldLar » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:47 am

Since Hyundai is "giving" out free oil changes for the 100,000 mile warranty and they recommend Quaker State, so I take it in every 4000 miles for an oil change. I had used full synthetic in my last car which had no issues in the 8 1/2 years I owned it and 135,000 miles. I have a 5 quart jug of 5-30 of full synthetic sitting on the shelf and was thinking of changing the oil myself.

The choice of free "dino" oil change or $89 for a synthetic oil change by the dealer, or myself, purchasing synthetic oil ($25), oil filter ($7) and rolling around on the ground. At 69 years old, I'm not into rolling around.

Return to “Factory Replacement Parts #”