HOW TO INSTALL DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS .on a tucson

Need help finding or doing something and can't find it in the DIY section? Ask here!

Moderators: canadianwolf, antooncoolen, MikDee, jeanivy

straker
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

HOW TO INSTALL DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS .on a tucson

#1 Postby straker » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:34 am

:brit: hi guys as a retired sparky I am not too bad with car electrics but I am having problems locating the correct wire at the headlight end .let me explain the DRL kit I have bought fits where the front driving light are now ..they are a new cowling with a strip of LED at the bottom and because you don't have to remove the front driving light you can still use the driving light if you need too ..the problem for me is I know where to locate an ACC live feed and a neutral but when it come to locating the headlight control wire I am stuck because the headlight cluster has at least two multi block connectors going to it and I did not want to butcher the wiring looking for the correct wire .the only other option was to go to the lamp holder and tap a feed from the normal dipped headlight position but that is a bit too DIY ish .this kit works by the DRL go to half power at night when your normal front lights are on and once they are turned off the DRL are at full power .the kit has 3 wires two of which I am ok with there location and function that's the ACC live and neutral its just the third wire that controls the DRL that's bugging me so anyone know the location of the wire that I need to take a feed from other than going from the lamp holder itself . bawa. fl.
help
thank
straker

Return to “D.I.Y Requests”