Faultless at 183

#1 Postby Ranga1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Yes it is clean,reliable,almost 8 yrs old,183,000km.St
Detailed

Ranga1
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

Re: Faultless at 183

#2 Postby Ranga1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:00 am

No leaks,no codes,only battery replaced and all maintenance up to date,still all AOK.Runs very well!Will take to 250,000km +.I know owners of older 1st gen Santa Fe's with same engine who have no issues at these km's.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Detailed

abergas
Broken In Engine
Broken In Engine

#3 Postby abergas » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Ranga1 - She looks pretty smik for her age.
My V6 is 10 years old now but only done 102 klms and the original battery has just died on me after many careful trickle charges over night.
Bin saving up for a timing belt change and replacement plugs, but will get them done at a garage as Ive seen that the belt can be a bit of a pig.
Where did you get your nudge bar on the front from as carnt find one online for less than $700.
Regards from Port Kennedy
2005 Tucson V6 2.7 Elite Awd Auto (Bought with 56,000 klms in Feb 2011)

Ranga1

#4 Postby Ranga1 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 am

Hey sorry abergas I just read your post mate.I lived in Mandurah for 16 yrs,small world eh.Can't help you with nudge bar info as it came with the car.Pretty sure the nudge bar was in the Hyundai brochure that came with the car as an accessory,but who would pay those prices hey.The make of the nudge bar is "Astrel" so you may find on net.Your saving for the timing belt and plugs.I got the NGK iridium plugs (6) for $67 from Korea with free delivery,no joke.Lube mobile did the work,came with 20,000km/12 month warranty.The bloke did a good job and it was a no problem affair for him;If you really want to save supply the timing belt kit/water pump/tensioner/pulleys and don't forget the tensioner.If I remember,they used the Gates kit.You will need a good 5 liitres or more of good coolant and plenum gaskets too so supply to save money.Easy and cheaper supply from auto store.
Detailed

Return to “Photo Gallery”