Just to chat about your Tucson or Sportage

Moderators: theguynamedbrad, miller56, wombat

strsail1
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

new tuscon in the snow - beware new owners

#1 Postby strsail1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Love our new Tuscon 2011 model 2 wheel drive. We took delivery in August 2010 and have taken on several long trips and just love the performance and feel of driving it. BUTTTTT We have been in two close calls with the Tuscon in the snow/ ice conditions in the last few weeks. It is all about the ESC system. I was on snow covered road attempting to turn left way in front of oncoming traffic and it would not go more than 5 miles per hour in the turn. I thought I had plenty of room to complete the turn but it was a lot closer than it needed to be. I pushed on the gas no go car just crawled through the intersection. Then just tonight my wife attempted to make a right turn into the mall and the car would not turn. I think we will be turning the system off (it comes on automaticly on start up) Anybody else out there had any of these hair raising experiences?
thanks in advance

Redux
Admin
Admin

Re: new tuscon in the snow - beware new owners

#2 Postby Redux » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:44 am

do you have snow tires? a 2WD car with anything other than snow tires is probably going to get you in some trouble.

although it may be 'worse' than a previous 2WD/all-season tire setup, you'll notice a huge improvement with just snow tires.
Rest In Peace, Antoon Coolen & Itza -- You brought a smile to all faces of the forum.

MikDee
What vehicle do you own?: Sportage

#3 Postby MikDee » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:10 pm

strsail1 wrote:Love our new Tuscon 2011 model 2 wheel drive. We took delivery in August 2010 and have taken on several long trips and just love the performance and feel of driving it. BUTTTTT We have been in two close calls with the Tuscon in the snow/ ice conditions in the last few weeks. It is all about the ESC system. I was on snow covered road attempting to turn left way in front of oncoming traffic and it would not go more than 5 miles per hour in the turn. I thought I had plenty of room to complete the turn but it was a lot closer than it needed to be. I pushed on the gas no go car just crawled through the intersection. Then just tonight my wife attempted to make a right turn into the mall and the car would not turn. I think we will be turning the system off (it comes on automaticly on start up) Anybody else out there had any of these hair raising experiences?
thanks in advance

Hi strsail, Welcome, and yes I've had those issues, and posted quite abit about it, it is too much info to re-post, so please click on my name to read all my posts on the subject, thank you, Mike
- 2011 Sportage EX AWD-
- A few vehicles I've owned, wrenched on, and modded -
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v240/ ... ic%20Cars/
- Still a work in progress -

andrei3333

#4 Postby andrei3333 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Turn the ESC off and hit the gas + then go get some snow tires !

Return to “General Discussion”