Just to chat about your Tucson or Sportage

Moderators: theguynamedbrad, miller56, wombat

jfrysinger
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

2010 Tuscon EDR?

#1 Postby jfrysinger » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:15 pm

I was wondering whether or not the my 2010 Tuscon Limited has an EDR (Event Data Recorder). I know I can look in the owner's manual, but that is in the car at the moment, and the car will not be back for a couple of days. I have not had any accidents or anything like that. I am a computer geek both by profession and by hobby. If there is an EDR, I am interested in trying to access the data just for grins, and possibly building a phone or some other kind of app to access it based on the physical interface. I also tend to be very interested in what information is being captured about me at any time. Anyone have any info on the Tuscon and EDR's?

Thx,
JF

laureladams
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

Re: 2010 Tuscon EDR?

#2 Postby laureladams » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:04 am

Based on my research, EDC didn't mentioned in 2010 Tucson. Hyundai models have feature standard of ESC (Electronic Stability Control) upon its launch in fall 2004. It was also the first vehicle under $20,000 with standard ESC and six airbags. The Tucson started Hyundai's approach to combining state-of-the-art safety and affordability and this approach lives on in the 2010 Hyundai Tucson. The Tucson is loaded with life-saving standard safety features including ESC with traction control, six airbags and active front head restraints. Its braking system features four-wheel disc brakes controlled by an advanced four-channel ABS with Brake Assist, providing maximum braking force when a panic stop is detected, and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) to optimize brake performance with uneven weight distribution. I hope I'd help with you my answer.

With regards to EDC, nowadays, an automotive computer captures a great deal of data regarding your driving habits within its crash recorder, and can even save your life by notifying authorities in the event of a crash, through a service like OnStar. But for some, the EDR represents an unnerving invasion of privacy – and they’ll be standard in all vehicles by 2013, says the NHTSA. Event data recorders: Saving lives and invading privacy

Return to “General Discussion”