faulty esp??

Is your Tucson battery dying frequently? Engine not starting? Hearing a weird noise? Post your problem here!
blueboy
Valued Member
Valued Member
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

faulty esp??

#1 Postby blueboy » Fri May 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi guys I have a new issue that's cropped up recently. On acceleration in certain conditions (random?) my esp light comes on (no conditions to make this happen) but the light just comes on and flashes and I find the engine becomes less responsive and a little bit sluggish. But then seconds later the light goes off and all is fine again. So I hit the esp off button and she behaves normally and responsively so my guess is an esp malfunction that seems to kick in randomly. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Thanks you guys and take care x BB

blueboy
Valued Member
Valued Member
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

Re: faulty esp??

#2 Postby blueboy » Sat May 09, 2015 2:42 pm

No responses so nobody gets this but I have the answer for future reference and it's quite interesting!
Checked my front tyre pressures and they were down to 11psi and 17psi instead of the normal 30psi. Pumped up the tyres and hey presto the car drives like a dream and no esp light! My guess is that the low tyre pressure and maybe even the difference between the two sides on the axle resulted in messages being sent to the esp programme that something was wrong and the computer tried to compensate resulting in weird engine response. Also driving on tyres that low is always going to affect performance. Anyway I think the problem is solved so bear in mind to keep the front tyres up to correct pressure and even on both sides.

Cheers Blueboy

Return to “Problems / Issues”